Sunday, November 24, 2013

More yumminess!!

So it was a stressful day.

You know the kind.

My step dad is in the hospital with a large blood clot in his leg. They are talking about inserting an umbrella (from what my mom said) in the keep it from heading for his lungs. Scary stuff. We could use prayer, please.

Some other kinda scary stuff happened, too. I can't discuss it, but I would love prayers for health for my family here at home, as well.

So what do I do when I am stressed? Besides eat? :( COOK!! Of course.... ;)

I started off with the most recent issue of MaryJane's Farm in hand while having coffee this morning. Grandma's Eggnog??? Hmmm... With a bit of tweaking...YUM! Though we let it chill all day and are just having it for dessert (with cookies!! I made Pumpkin Snickerdoodle!). It is creamy and wonderfully spiced (I had to use ground cloves, I didn't have whole)! Next time I will cut back the sugar, though. I like a sweet drink! But even with extra raw milk added it is a bit sweet.




I started on dinner early. About 3. I made anoth "moderately paleo" meal. Pork tenderlion (Matt's boar) stuffed with spinach, mushroom, onions, bacon, a sprinkle of asiago, and garlic. Served with herbed, lemon quinoa!



So I am stuffed. But still stressed. Going to do some reading. And hope the kids can be good and calm the rest of the night. Maybe diffuse some lavender... Mmm... God Bless!

2 comments: