Thursday, September 12, 2013

As the steam roller rolls on by....

Yep. Steam roller. The county has decided to repair and retop our road. lol. Gabriel has been obsessed with watching them. This morning they let him sit on the steam roller. Great guys! :)

As soon as it was obvious the Isabelle and Gabriel were well again, Sawyer spiked a fever. I was up most of last night with a feverish baby. We started opting for less medicines about a year ago. Throwing most OTC junk out! Opting for holistic care, like elderberry syrup, colloidal silver, and GOOT. At what point do you break down and get out a fever reducer???

For me it was 102.5 last night. I would have liked to let it break naturally. That is what our bodies are supposed to do, afterall! When it comes to the baby, though, I get scared! I feel like I am a bad mom either way. :(

It's done...and he slept better the remainder of the wee hours.

Of course, having a sick baby makes for a sad mommy. Even more saddening is that my friend Shannon was supposed to stop for a visit while passing through today on her way home from SD to SC. I was so looking forward to it. She and I have so much in common. Perhaps another time....

Garden is slowly producing. We need to get some things planted for Fall. IDK if we will....lol!! But we have been getting a LOT of little tomatoes!! So I altered a recipe a bit I found on Pinterest night before last. It was SO yummy!! And even my non pasta fan DH liked it!!




Last night I made another new dish. A sweet potatoe hash. Also a hit with my husband!! SCORE!



Sawyer's party is Saturday! I still have SO much to do. I am praying he well get better today, so I can get some things done.  I did get favor bags done!


Have a Blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment