Wednesday, December 14, 2011

To continue with yesterday's post....

 With my thoughts on making a difference in my life for the future, this year seems to be the first Christmas where I truly see how materialistic this special day has become.

 Our family truly together and enjoying the bountiful blessings He has given us, is what Christmas should be about. And so often, this time of year, we are reminded of this true meaning of Christmas, of helping other find life's blessings, of giving of ourselves to make a difference. Just as often, this message is ignored.

I am just as guilty.

I, too, want my kids to get everything on their list, to revel in beautiful twinkling lights, and delight in the mystery of Santa Claus.  Am I bad parent if I don't? To have more...What parent hasn't wished it at some point of time?

I see that wishing for tangible items isn't what is best for my children. That ONE more small package to stick under the tree isn't really necessary. Of course, you can't make children see it that way! LOL!!!

With only weeks left for the Christmas season, I plan to start instilling more Godly behavior to Isabelle.  To give back more. No, I don't expect anything in return, that's what it means to give. You see that all too often in people. They think they need something in return.

I will be praying for guidance in all of the many changes that will be coming with the new year, too. For the first time in MANY years, I have decided to write out a New Year's Resolution. That story is for another time, though.




















2 comments:

  1. Yep, I stopped trying to squeeze anything else in for my kids. I ordered for the other kids yesterday! Shopping DONE!

    ReplyDelete