Saturday, December 17, 2011

I am so excited to say I FINALLY HAVE PLANS FOR DECOR IN MY BASEMENT!!!!! 

We have a rather large (about 15'x18 ') open space in our basement. When we first moved into our home (2002), it was our bedroom. Stayed that way for about 6 years!! Now, though we have had plans since 2007 to turn it into a family room, it is pretty much a catch-all. Somewhere, buried under mounds of fabric (yes, I am a bit of a hoarder) weights that don't get used enough, and furniture that hasn't been touched in so long it looks like Disney Imagineers dusted it a la Haunted Mansion, is a space with potential!!

Granted, the floor was poorly tiled before we bought it and really needs to be chipped out and the walls haven't been properly painted EVER! The flooring will wait and I am on those walls like paint to a brush!! ;) None the less, I have been cleaning and sorting!! And planning! hehe!!

I have tried 3 samples on the walls. I think I finally got one I like with the last one. I don't feel that the paler colors are visible enough. Too dark would, obviously, not be too great in a basement.
All 3 on block, (L-R) pale green, med bluish teal, pale blue:

On drywall, pale blue and pale green:
Third is the winner!! The blue is a bit darker with a hint of teal.


I also bought an area rug online today as well as a Moroccan lamp!!







Somehow (lol), we plan to squeeze a schooling and sewing space out of this room, as well as a bit of a family area. Gabriel needs entertainment, after all!!

I can't wait to show you the before and after pictures!!!





1 comment: