Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pt. 3- Our first B&B experience, looking at property, and car troubles...oy! (Warning, lots of pictures!)

On the recommendation of Darlene, the owner of the B&B we would be staying at, we grabbed dinner at a cute local place in Bonnieville. Such a refreshing atmosphere! The Olde Mill Stone was busy, too! The specials board had prayers and Bible passages. The decor was country primitive.

Matt carried a sleepy Gabriel in, who preceded to sleep at the table for some time, even while Sawyer screamed! Sawyer was screaming because the table we were sat at had 2 large Christmas ornaments, the big ones you might see on a 20 ft outdoor tree. He thought they were balls, and shrieked for about 20 min. We weren't really hungry, but there wouldn't be anywhere to go get something later. Matt ordered Country Fried Steak, which he shared with Sawyer. Isabelle and I split catfish, with an added side of frog legs! Yummy!!! Gabriel woke up and shared with us.

It was way later than I wanted it to be when we finally checked in at Country Girl at Heart B&B. Especially knowing that quiet time was 10pm- 7 am. I was a bit concerned about this, afterall, we had never stayed at a B&B. I was convinced that our night of no-sleep-camping would keep everyone asleep, though.

Upon check in, Darlene gave us a tour and told us some rules. She explained that every room was named for a local story. Ours, The Pioneer,  was named for a French Pioneer woman. The decor reflected her story and the pages of a book with the story were on the wall to read. A chilling story of a courageous woman and how after the French-Indian wars her betrothed left the states, married her, and brought his new bride back. Upon heading to their land, Both her husband and a friend were killed and scalped, she fled, speaking no english, found help. She decided to STAY in Kentucky! She didn't go back to France, eventually remarried and many years later her belongings were found, including the deed to the land, her marriage certificate, and her wardrobe.
Our names on the white board coming in!
The dining area where we would be having breakfast.

Wardrobe of French Pioneer woman.

More of our room.
All the kids had a bath in the big tub and  got in bed. Everyone was asleep when I enjoyed some peace in there! Imagine my delight whan I saw my towel was MJH~!!!

Matt getting Gabriel to sleep.

Our bed was super comfy! But about 6, Gabriel started whining. I knew he had to potty! We got him to the potty, but not before waking Sawyer. :/ Neither would go back to sleep.... So I took them to the basement rec room to play, hopefully, quietly. It was MOSTLY quiet. lol.....

Isabelle came down later and drew this.

The rec room had art supplies, blackboards (one for adults only!), foosball, air hockey, dress up, Thomas Train table, books, pool table, and mini theatre!

About 7:15, I took the kids outside, Matt met us out there after bringing our things out. Breakfast was at 8, and we were meeting a realtor at 9.

Holy flock of Chickens Batman!!

Barn quilt- Someday I will have one!
Soon it was time to head in for breakfast.
Breakfast was nice! we got to talk with Darlene, her helper, and the other 6 guests. We semi- rushed and made it to meet the realtor about 5 after 9. We ended up looking at only one property and talked to the realtor about what we are looking for so they can help us look.

In these pictures the property looks darn near ideal! But most of it is a rocky hill side and not very user friendly, at least not at 2k+ an acre! What are we looking for...??? Well, we want to have organic produce, a roadside stand, maybe a small vacation cabin for rental, eventually sustainable farm tours and classes (as in WAY down the road, lol!). We would like 30+ acres in a good area (slightly touristy), schools aren't a concern since we homeschool. It needs to have water on it, for emergencies, should they arise. We are looking in KY, because we can go work on it on the weekends without Matt leaving his job. We have also considered MO pretty seriously and are open to other ideas if you know of any!! :)

So after we left, we headed back down side roads. Matt stopped and bought that crossbow. Yep.... lol!

I noise in the front end of my car had us a bit concerned, so we headed toward my parents' house (Greenville, KY), since my step dad is typically my mechanic! ;) After changing some parts the problem is still there, so we have an appt to have it looked at today. Here is what the kids and I did while the guys worked on the van!

After many years of not having a cat in the house, we are trying again. This is Mist a calico manx kitten from a litter of Blue, the last manx we had that mom took to tame down because she was so wild.

We rode the gator to the creek to play.

Then to check apples.

After the ride we watched the sunset from the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment